1) Yes, I finally got a foster kitten! He is really sweet. His name is Igor. No, I didn't name him. He is smokey gray and loves attention and cuddles. Like more than any cat ever.
![]() |
| Bonjour! Je m'appelle Igor. Je parle français. |
![]() |
| J'aime les gros ours en peluche. |
![]() |
| ... like, a lot |
![]() |
| I like sleeping on laps |
I will have him until he gets adopted, and in the meantime, I have a new cuddle buddy!
Speaking of animals, these guys are back!
This time I gathered up the courage to pet them, and it made my day. I look for them every time I go for a walk now. They just hang out on the first floor windowsill with no leashes, and no apparent attempts to jump down. Their owner is never anywhere in sight, but I imagine there must be an old woman spying on me from inside the apartment.
2) I had a great Christmas vacation filled with family and friends. It was pretty hectic trying to see everyone in Ontario and New Brunswick for the 10 days were were home; however, it was worth it. Plus, we had a lovely New Years eve 'in' at our apartment in Caen, followed by three days of relaxation before Alex went back to work, which was very much needed.
![]() |
| A Christmas pic: my cousin's 9 month old Bernese Mountain dog puppy. He still thinks he is small enough to sit on my lap. He's right! |
4) I went to my first yoga class this week. It is right across the street from my apartment in the top of a hair salon. It's actually a really nice yoga space, and the classes are really small (the class I went to only had 4 students including myself), which means the yoga instructor has plenty of time to suggest adjustments to each student. Maybe too much time in fact...the class was a little slow, as the instructor insisted on correcting our every move, but I'm hoping he picks up the pace at the next class tonight.
5) I start French classes at the University of Caen next Wednesday, and will start my new job as soon as I am given my French class timetable. In the meantime, I am getting a little bored of Duolingo and ready to get started with real lessons (although this kitty on my lap is a new excuse not to do anything all day)! I know what you're thinking; there is plenty to do in Europe. Well, we did book two upcoming trips; one to visit with friends who are coming to Paris in Feb, and another to visit my friend in London, England in March. Yay!
6) In the meantime, I have a new hobby. It's colouring. Don't laugh. I got two "adult colouring books" for Christmas, from two different people. Hmm...not sure what that means. Anyways, it's very relaxing and a good alternative to knitting when I am not currently working on a project.
![]() |
| One of my many artistic "creations" since Christmas. |
That's all for now! Will send more updates once I have started my new endeavours in the coming weeks. Happy new year!









Bonne annee aussi!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you two are settling in well. A new job, french classes, yoga and a cat for you! There will be no stopping you now. Oh my,oh my. 😄😄😄 I will send you some photos of my new space as soon as I get it all unpacked.
In the meantime, enjoy your adventures. Huggggggs and love.😇
Love your blogs, Samantha! makes me feel like I am almost there with you and definitely stirs up the travel genes. Good luck with your new job, french classes and yoga! As a relatively new retiree, I know that a schedule like that can definitely fill the days nicely. xx
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you both. Sounds like you have had a busy 9 days since you returned to Caen.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on finally getting a cellphone. Enjoy your time fostering Igor, he will help you with your French, along with your classes. And finally you get to teach, you are certainly going to keep yourself busy.
On top of all the activities you have going on, you still find time to plan a wedding. Please send me your secret on time management, I need all the help I can get.
Glad to hear things are falling into place, good luck with you courses, fostering, planning and daily living. Thank you for still finding time to write these blogs so we can all enjoy your adventures while never having to leave our computers.
Hope the wedding plans are going well. Can't wait to read next weeks updates, keep the photos coming. All my best to you and Alex. Love and miss you both.